The majority of people hate any kind of conflict but its inevitability challenges us to deal with it as cleanly and concisely and carefully as we can. Which bring several issues to prepare:
- Can I successfully learn how to disagree without being disagreeable?
- How do I stand with conviction about principle without destroying the relationship in the future?
- Is the issue really worth “going to the mat?”
- The disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit yet they could be at odds, so what is it that makes resolution possible that “as far as it depends upon me, living at peace with everyone?”
- Learning how to be teammates more than competitors
- How do I help create the atmosphere where people are free and comfortable enough to confront when necessary?
- How valuable is “consensus” in decision making within a church leadership?